Seasons of Change: Spring
It's the perfect time to invest in your health!
I love this time of year. Everything is beginning to open up again after a winter hibernation.
Even if where you live the cold winter weather still blows hard, it is undeniable the days are getting longer. The sunny days are climbing closer towards warm. The bravest of early spring plants are pushing up out of the ground and some even up through the cold snow. Here in California it is now the time the time of year when late winter / early spring rains will come and go, and each is welcome in preparation for all the vibrant colors of Spring.
All this reflects how now is the perfect time to harness the shifting energy around us and take the necessary steps to invest in the changes we need to make so we can achieve the goals we have for the year.
If pain, poor appetite, poor sleep, stress, are draining your energy right now then schedule an appointment today and see the powerful ways acupuncture, herbal medicine, and electro-acupuncture frequency medicine can help you make the changes you desire. Together we can clear the barriers you may be facing so you can make the changes and establish the new healthy habits you want in your life.
Once the barriers that are impeding you are cleared it's time to take action. Spring is the perfect time to take action on those New Year's Resolutions and create new habits that will accomplish our goals.
Here are my favorite tips on for creating new habits:
1) Just start—taking that first walk, finishing your first glass of water in your " I need to drink more water" plan, devoting that first Sunday morning to a 3 mile weekly long walk—is the most important step in making it a habit. Every journey begins with the first step.
2) Breaking it down to simple steps is another way to move past the behaviors that sabotage our plans and derail us. You climb the mountain by putting one step in front of the next.
3) Forgive yourself and keep going when life derails you for a day, sometimes it derails you for a week. Just get back on track and keep going. It's amazing the other areas in our life that transform when we offer grace to ourselves first and foremost.
4) Don't be afraid to adjust and improve on your habits when you realize things are not going as planned. Change opens up our creativity and curiosity, and this allows our new habits to evolve with us verses holding us back.
5) Dangle a carrot and reward your efforts by celebrating your successes whether small or large. But remember don't pick a reward that self-sabatoge all your efforts. Keep your eyes on the prize!
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible. — Francis of Assisi